Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Sunset over Delta

I have never tried to publish a daily Blog before, but it sounds like an interesting challenge. Delta is a small community situated in Western Colorado. I actually live East of town a few miles, and can see the lights of the city at night down in the valley. To the west is canyon country, which is basically high desert with deep canyons. To the North is the 10,000 foot Grand Mesa, the largest flat top mountain in the world. To the East are the Elk Mountains, which rise to 13,000 feet, and to the South the San Juan Mountains reach over 14,000 feet, and have snow year round. Nature kind of collides here. The sunsets are stunning, almost routinely so……..

8 comments:

Michael Salone said...

Welcome to this crazy bunch of bloggers! I never heard of Delta Colorado so this should be good. I realise this is a sunset shot, but of course, with a city name such as Delta, you're going to have to give us your rendition of "Delta Dawn"!

Bill said...

I think I can do this……Find a flower, and face east as the sun comes up…need camera…need coffee……

Anonymous said...

That's nice Bill. I enjoyed the info and the pictures.

Anonymous said...

hey uncle bil or should i say goerge you gotlike your own xanga thats sweet!!!
beth

kaa said...

welcome to the DP family.. Colorado is beautiful. I've just taken a greyhound through colorado and didn't get to see any sights. Would be great to see them here in pictures..

Chris said...

Welcome to the Circus :-)

You begin for my birthday, so i'll take it as a gift. Good luck, keep in mind you do this for fun, and that you may find subjects in everything, wherever you are. I post shot of things that are even 100 km from my main location !

PS : i'm the last brother from 6 :-)

Bill said...

A few years ago I was giving my kids photography lessons, and I made them take 50 pictures of one object. The first few were easy, but after that, they needed to think. The later shots were the best! Your right, there are subjects everywhere.

Matthieu said...

Welcome to the DP family. Nice shot for your joining.

Greetings from Cherbourg-Octeville (France)