Friday, June 27, 2008

Redneck Kitchen


Background: The relatives on my father's side of the family are fairly straight forward Belgian with Italian roots. My mothers side however is a mix of Polish & Hillbilly. My wife has a French Canadian background.

During our remodel of our house outside of Denver these past 2 weeks, we put all the appliances out on the road to get picked up as we were replacing them. When my friend from Minnesota saw my daughter Rose cooking on a grill that was on the ground, he got the idea of grabbing the dolly, and pulling the stove back off the road to use as a table.

So, my French Canadian, Belgian, Italian, Polish, Hillbilly daughter saw no issue using a glass cook top oven to hold the propane grill hooked up to our motorhome to cook the evening meal. I guess the Hillbilly kicked in, and we got the Redneck Kitchen. Said with all due respect :)

Now, it is my friend from Minnesota I should worry about, as it was his idea!

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

Love this, you gave me a good smile this morning. Necessity is the mother of invention. I think it works super.