Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Apocalypse Now

As I made the final approach home, I was somewhat surprised buy a "thump thump thump" followed by this helicopter cresting the trees right in front of me. My first glimpse was head on as it pulled steaply up. It had a bar across the front which at first glance looked like a bracket to hold canons (not cameras) . It turns out to be a crop duster! I turned down the next road to try to get a better shot, but alas, I had the wrong camera for this job, and nothing could capture that first feeling.

In any case, zoom in and take a look. I had never seen anything like this before.

You never know what you will find on an early morning bike ride. I hope you have enjoyed my ride around Delta over the past nine days.

3 comments:

Janet said...

First time I have seen a helicopter crop duster, but I know they're around. Neat photo!

photowannabe said...

That is a first for me too. Very interesting. Must be pretty costly.

Kris McCracken said...

They are pretty awesome machines when you find yourself right underneath them!