Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Oldsmobile F88


The crown jewel of the museum is this Oldsmobile F88. Now if you are thinking that you have never heard of this car before, there is a good reason. It was a 1954 GM concept car. 4 were built and 2 destroyed by GM when they decided not to take them production. One got out "into the wild", but was destroyed in a fire, and this one rumor has it, was snuck out in crates by the designer. It was bought by Hendricks at the Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction in January of 2005 for 3.2 million dollars. I wonder if he got a warranty....I wonder why GM never asked for it back......I wonder wonder who, oouu who, Who wrote the book of love........Could you consider this a monotone car? Wait, that was 1958.....Sorry, caught myself wandering around my mind again :)

1 comment:

Abby said...

When I saw this, a song started playing in my head, "Don't fall in love, (she's a beauty) one in a million girl. . ." I guess if a car could have a theme song, that would be it. You really showed it off nicely, too.