Monday, November 05, 2007

Back Home

Sorry to stop posting so abruptly, but I am back in Delta after spending a week with my oldest son in Wisconsin. Shortly after posting on the 25th, I was able to lock down an arrangement to rehire with the company that laid me off, and my rehire date will give me some good time off as well. Naturally I immediately took the opportunity to take a road trip!

For those interested, I am a database person, and Oracle is my specialty. I have been in an operations role managing the database team and performing troubleshooting for some large websites you may or may not have used, but now I will be moving to a development architecture role where I will be able to use my operations experience to really make a difference in the product. I am looking forward to the new challenge. Oh yea, I will still be able to do the work remote from Delta. Romans 8:28 is in full force!

4 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Fantastic that it all worked out for you! Glad to see you posting again!

Annie said...

Ooh, Bill, I would love to take a road trip to Wisconsin right about now. Winter is, I hear, coming on there and I do love to see the snow start to fall.

Welcome back and congratulations on the new position!

photowannabe said...

Bill that's so wonderful to hear the good news.
Isn't the Lord good? Thanks for the reminder about Rom. 8:28.
I have meant to ask you for a while, are any of your kids still in YWAM? No reason, just curious.

photowannabe said...

Well Bill, if i had looked at your favorites list before asking the question I would have seen that Sam is in it full force. His blog seems so much like my younger son's conversations when he was in YWAM for 7 years. It sure does a heart good.